1. Customer Service Is Better. Local stores hire employees with a more specific product expertise that can provide better one-on-one service.
2. Job Creation. Shops in our community create local employment and self-employment. These people in turn spend money in our community.
3. Shopping Local SAVES You Money. Forget what big box chain stores have been trying to tell you. Without having to spend on travel, fees, and shipping, shopping local is more often than not less expensive.
4. Local Businesses Give Back. Small businesses donate about twice as much per employee to charitable organizations as large businesses.
5. Shopping Local Helps The Environment. When you shop local your products require less packaging and don’t travel as far, thus you are contributing to a smaller carbon footprint.
6. You Make A Human Connection And Create An Experience. Local business owners curate their products specifically with you in mind. They know the area and your needs. And, quite often, you will leave a store with a new bit of information or piece of advise.
7. It Makes Your Community Unique. Our small businesses are what makes our area different than other cities. They give our community character and personality.
8. Support A Dream. When you buy local you are supporting someone’s dreams and goals. Shopping local keeps our creative community alive!
9. Put Your Money Where Your Heart Is. Naples is a special place. Shopping local keeps the money in our city so that we can continue to build a stronger and better community.
10. Your Neighbors, Friends and Family are the owners and employees of our local businesses. And that is reason enough!
Not convinced? Check out OUR FAVORITE LOCAL FINDS FOR THIS HOLIDAY SEASON and our SCOUT LOCAL BUSINESSES.
(Thank you, TSG Virginia Beach & Norfolk for the info and inspiration for this post!)
…TELL THEM SCOUT SENT YOU!